The Sunday the 6th May Mendip Cave Rescue will be holding a rescue workshop as part of the Mendip CaveFest 2018 weekend. The rescue workshop will be held underground in G.B. cave, where there will be four different workshops held in different locations in the cave. These will be:
- Communications - to be held at the entrance to Mud Passage from the Gorge.
- Stretcher packaging - to be held in the Gorge above the Bridge.
- Pitch hauling - to be held at the fixed ladder in the Devil's Elbow route.
- Casualty assessment ("what to do before rescue turns up") - to be held on the 1st climb in the Mud Passage route.
There will be at least two MCR rescue wardens plus all the relevant equipment at each location.
The rescue workshop is open to all interested cavers, but please note that following:
- Valid Charterhouse Caving Company permits will be required for everyone who ventures underground.
- Please park considerately at the farm (as usual), making a £1 donation per car, and respect any directions from the farmer. It is recommended that people share cars to minimise parking space.
- MCR will have a 'checking in' tent close to the entrance. Everyone who goes underground will need to check in.
There will be two time slots for cavers who wish to go underground - 10:30 and 13:00. Each slot can have up to 20 cavers (4 teams of 5 people, entering the cave at 5 minute intervals). Please can anyone who wants to attend register in advance with the CaveFest website, or with the CaveFest organisers over the weekend.